This course will be held in the Ballroom at the Sandhill Centre.
Please contact the organiser directly if you would like more information.
ASD AWARENESS This course provides an introduction to autism for all staff working with pupils with ASD.
The course will cover:
- Thought and Behaviour – difficulties with repetitive patterns of behaviour and rigidity of thought.
- Language and Communication – How language and communication may differ in children with ASD.
- Social – social interaction difficulties and how ASD children interact with others.
- Sensory Issues – How pupils with ASD may interpret the world in a different way through their senses and how sensory issues are often a trigger for behaviour.
- Understanding of how to support a child with autism within a mainstream education setting.
- Practical strategies to use to support a child with autism to access their education at their individual pace and level of ability.
- Strategies to support the development of social relationships, confidence and self esteem.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to adapt the mainstream learning environment for a child with autism.
Wednesday, 04. July 2018 - 16:00 till 18:00
The Sandhill Centre